Wentworth Aylesbury is committed to respecting your privacy and within this policy we want to be completely clear of the following:
· Why we will use any of your personal information
· When we may have cause to use your personal information
· The condition in which your information may be disclosed to others and how we ensure this is secure.
· Your rights with regard your information held by Wentworth Aylesbury.
· The internal process if you have a complaint and who to contact in the case of a data complaint.
· We never sell or pass on contact details to any third party for any marketing purposes
· We do not hold onto prospective tenants or property owners contact details for any marketing purposes or pass to any third party.
The information is held by Wentworth Aylesbury, is to enable us to manage the private rental property efficiently. We are acting on behalf of the property owner, and for the comfort of the tenant. We are then able to deal with any property maintenance issues, and for the purpose of arranging access for the managing of the rental property.
Wentworth Aylesbury will take every measure to ensure we comply with the GDPR regulations, when collecting and sharing your data.
The information do we hold
Wentworth Aylesbury will hold the following information about you:
Name, date of birth, contact details to include address, mobile numbers, home number and e mail address, IP address, information from cookies for statistics only .
For referencing information your employer at time of referencing and contact details of employer, previous landlord and contact details of these.
For referencing identification purposes we hold a copy of your proof of address at time of referencing and your passport. These documents are also sent by scan to Rent4Sure ourreferencing company
How we use your information
To market and manage private rented properties we collect, hold and process personal information. Wentworth Aylesbury collect and hold names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of existing, previous ,prospective tenants, guarantors and property owners. This will also include names but not contact details of all residents in the property including children. Contact details and personal details are only held for any over 18 years occupants of the property. We also hold the details of contractors and other contacts that we work to carry out maintenance in the rented properties
For tenants – We will use the contact details of tenants to negotiate with owner and tenant the letting of the property. Making arrangements to carry out management duties on behalf of the property owner, to include detailed referencing process, gas safety inspections, to arrange access for inspections on behalf of the owner to contact in the event of emergency or to carry out maintenance, to arrange any visits to discuss your tenancy on behalf of your property owner
For property owners– We will use the contact details to arrange and communicate to you our contract to manage the property you own. Whilst marketing your property for a new tenant negotiate with you the owner and tenant the letting of the property. The preparation or update of tenancy agreements, updating owners on the status of any referencing process, arranging regular inspections and to report our finding after any such inspections for health and safety monitoring, the tenancy obligations and carrying out tenancy renewals and terminations. To communicate any maintenance issues that arise and make arrangements for quotes for any works and arrange for these works to be completed
For referencing- Tenants will complete on line with rent4sure our referencing company all the details required to complete the referencing process. This information will then be passed to us Wentworth Aylesbury. We must now also carry out a government Right to Rent reference and for this need copies of identification documents to include passports, EU ID cards or driving licences. We keep a copy of these documentsand scan copies to Rent4sure to enable the referencing process to be completed.
The information we hold will be given to us by
· Tenants upon application of rental property.
· From the details completed by prospective tenants to the referencing company
· Property owners when requesting our management services.
· Contractors or other management team contacts when agreeing to carry out works for Wentworth Aylesbury.
· When you contact our office by telephone we will ask you a series of security questions to ensure we know who we are talking to before passing on any information. Please be patient and understanding with this necessary security.
We share your information with
For the management of a tenancy we need to share your information with the following third parties:
· Local authority utility companies, emergency services upon request in an emergency.
· Trades and professions who will carry out on behalf of the property owner any maintenance or safety checks
· Tenants complete their own referencing and provide contact details to the referencing company. The referencing company Rent4sure do pass these details onto Wentworth Aylesbury.
· The deposit protection Service, Insurance of deposit scheme.
· For property owners Inland revenue
· For tax and accounting purposes all information is held for six years
· For managing rental properties, tenancy agreements and utility information will be held for seven years after the end of the tenancy.
· Providers of our computer services Key Data hold all information on a secure system
· Referencing company Rent4sure
Your personal information will be held
All documents are held at our offices in secure filing cabinets and draws. Seven years after end of tenancy, for tenancy documents or six years for tax purposes all records are destroyed by a licenced outside company the details of which are held in our office.
All information held by Key data services or Wentworth Aylesbury can only be accessed only by authorised employees, and our computer engineer. These are all on secure computer systems and can only be accessed by password protection. All internet precautions are in place to ensure this information is secure. We have security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidently lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
If we have any reason at Wentworth Aylesbury our system provider Key Data or referencing company Rent4sure to suspect a breach in security we will notify all those who’s details we hold
All web sites including our own www.wentworthaylesbury.co.uk gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on the website. This is usually referred to as Cookies. This is for statistic and will not identify you personally. It merely gives us information on the interest in our individual web sites. All computers are able to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies.
Summary of Your Rights
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) gives you a number of i rights. Some of the rights are complex and apply in only certain circumstances. For further information on each of these rights see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under GDRP.
These rights include:
· Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
· Access to the information we hold about you and information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it
· You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
· You can require the deletion of personal information concerning you in certain circumstances
· You have the right to receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
· You have the right to object in certain circumstances to our continued processing of your personal information.
· You have the right to otherwise restrict our processing of your information in certain circumstances.
· Compensation for damages caused by our breach of data protection laws.
To exercise any of these rights, please:.
If you consider that our processing or your personal information infringes data protection laws can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) www.ico.org.ukTel: 0303 123 1113
Who to contact if you have any concerns regarding data we hold:
The person responsible for all Wentworth Aylesbury data protections:
Denise Wentworth 27 Duck Farm Court, Station Way West , Aylesbury, Bucks HP20 2SQ
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01296 426999